Kat Tretina Personal Finance Writer
Personal Finance Should Always Feel Like A No Shame zone.
PERSONAL FINANCE CONTENT WRITER
You can expect me to approach the writing assignment with both your needs and the needs of the reader at the forefront of my work. I lead first with an approachable and empathetic voice, avoiding judgmental ‘avocado toast tutorials’ and absolutes that don’t leave room for other lived experiences. My years of experience and specific expertise within personal finance and student loans make me a dependable source for reliable published pieces with vetted stories.
My services include: Web content, Ghostwriting, Print articles, and Workshops.
I’ve written many articles on a variety of topics, but here are a few of my favorites:
Student Loans/Higher Education
- Forbes Advisor: Is College Worth the Cost?
- Earnest: What Can Student Loans Be Used For?
- LendingTree: Financial Aid Disbursement
- Investopedia: How to Pay for Medical School
- Investopedia: How to Pay Off Student Loans Fast
- Money.com: Discover Student Loans Review
- Money.com: Ascent Student Loans Review
- The Balance: Best Student Loans for Bad Credit
- The Balance: Best Student Loans
- ELFI: Financial Aid Options for Student Athletes
- ELFI: How to Spot Student Loan Forgiveness Scams
- Juno: How Much Is an MBA Salary?
- College Ave: What Is Employer Student Loan Repayment?
- Buy Side From WSJ: Best Life Insurance Companies
- Buy Side From WSJ: Best Pet Insurance Companies
- Money.com: ASPCA Pet Insurance Review
- Money.com: ManyPets Pet Insurance Review
- Money.com: Lemonade Homeowners Insurance Review
- FinanceBuzz: Is Tesla Insurance Worth the Price?
- MiamiHerald: Life Insurance for Diabetics
- FinanceBuzz: How to Get Insurance for a Car With a Salvage or Rebuilt Title
Credit and Debit Cards
- Forbes Advisor: What Credit Score Do You Need for the American Express Gold Card?
- CreditKarma: Credit One Bank Platinum Visa for Rebuilding Credit
- CreditKarma: 4 Top Cash-Back Debit Cards
- Investopedia: Deserve Edu Mastercard for Students Review
- U.S. News: How to Invest in Art
- U.S. News: Are There Any Tax-Free Investments?
- Forbes Advisor: How to Hedge Against Inflation
- Forbes Advisor: How to Buy I Bonds With Your Tax Refund
- Acorns: 8 Top Short-Term Investments
- MagnifyMoney: Types of IRA Accounts
- Nasdaq: Secure Act 2.0: How It Impacts the Way You Save for Retirement